Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's! And a recipe.



curious commonage blog

Are you having an awesome Valentine's Day?  I wanted to share a recipe you can make for your sweetie, or for yourself :)  PS: I know it's cold out, but ice cream is a year-round thing for me.  I'm sure I'm not alone in that!


Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream

Packet of Trader Joe's Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans
1 Can evaporated milk
1 C heavy cream
1/2 C sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

First, carefully use the point of a knife to slice both vanilla beans from end to end and gently scrape the seeds out (I used a spoon for this part).  In a saucepan, combine vanilla bean pods, the seedish things which came from the beans, and the can of milk.  Warm on low/med-low heat, stirring frequently.  Once the milk is warm, remove from heat and add the cream and sugar.  Stir until sugar has dissolved, and transfer to a large bowl.  Remove the pods, stir in the salt, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap.

Refrigerate the mixture overnight, then follow instructions for your ice cream maker. (I have this ice cream maker -- it's super. And cute.)


curious commonage blog

curious commonage blog


YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment