Thursday, June 20, 2013

Eat Your Breakfast -- Chicken Scramble


For years I'd been ignoring the rule about breakfast.  Is it really important?  Apparently it's a pretty big deal for your metabolism, and I like my metabolism to work, so breakfast is now a part of my day.  I make this quick breakfast scramble for myself three or four days a week.  It has great protein, healthy veg, and it's small on calories.


Chicken Scramble
2 oz. cooked diced chicken breast (yes, weigh it!)
6 TBSP egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
Bell pepper, chopped, about the same volume as the chicken
Small handful of fresh spinach
Cooking spray
Pepper to taste

Spray a small skillet with cooking spray, turn stove to medium heat, and cook chicken and bell pepper for about one minute.  Pour the egg whites in and scramble it up!  Once eggs are almost set, add the spinach, then continue cooking until the eggs are completely cooked.  Add pepper to taste.

So, small on calories? I've calculated it to be about 165 calories.  You can easily add a side fruit or whole grain toast and still feel great about it.  Serve with hot coffee and a glass of water.


What do you do for breakfast?  Do you eat a full meal, or do you just grab a coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment