Monday, June 17, 2013

Mercury Glass DIY


Quite some time ago, I saw instructions for this super easy project in Martha's magazine, and I knew my home needed some diy mercury glass!  All you need is a little of this magic (I could not find this locally and had to order it from Amazon):


...plus a spray bottle, water, and some random glass vases, jars, or candle holders.  

Instructions: Spritz the inside of the glass, very lightly, with water, then spray with the mirror paint.  Let it dry overnight.  I alternated letting it dry upside down and right side up.  

For flowers, put them in a different container inside the painted vase (Martha says!).  I have yet to try using my 'mercury glass' as a candle holder, so I'm not really sure about flammability.  


Yay! There it is.  Try it, and let us know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment